Apply now












Do I have to be a music instructor or have a music degree?

No, we will train you on how to hire certified teachers and provide the curriculum for your school for each semester.

What are your hours?

Typically, our schools are open Monday to Friday from noon to 8PM and longer on Saturdays. We suggest that our franchisees be open and teaching students when they are available, after school and until early evening.

Do you offer a Financial Performance Representation (How much can I make)?

We do offer a Financial Performance Representation in our FDD, called Item 19 and this document will be disclosed to qualified candidates. We’d be happy to share this information and to answer this question for you but a lot will depend on you as a TRU candidate.

How much do I need to open my own school?

We look for candidates who have minimum $75,000 in liquid cash and a net worth of $250,000 to invest. Our initial start up investment ranges from $133,200 to $259,300 for a full school and from $88,700 to $184,025 for a smaller satellite school which includes the Initial Franchise fee of $35,000 and gives you the right to your initial training. You will have full access to our team in all of the steps you need to take to open your own Rock Underground Music School.


We do not offer financing to our franchisees but we have 3rd party lender relationships in the franchising industry and know what it takes to open a new franchised business. We’ll connect you with them so they can help.



  • The first 5 franchisees will save $10,000 and pay only $25,000 on the franchise fee.

  • Franchisees who decide to open a second and any subsequent location will save 50% on their initial franchise fee.

  • Opening a satellite school in your exclusive territory will be discounted to $17,500 as well.


What is the Royalty Fee? Are there any other ongoing fees paid to the franchise?

The ongoing Royalty fee is paid monthly and is 6% of Gross Sales. There is also a Brand Development Fund to which you will contribute 1% of Gross Sales on a monthly basis.


Ok, so I’m going to own a TRU Rock Music School – what do you teach?

Well, between us, we play over 12 instruments… but, that’s not what you wanted to know… With a full week of pre-opening franchise training, we will focus your instruction on how to run the business, hire staff, seek out performance venues and market the business to develop new students as well as how to work with parents of our younger rock stars!


Then, as you get ready to open, we will train you at your school as well as visit you and keep in contact with regular phone calls, training sessions and conferences.


Some other important things you should know:


We will continue to support you helping you choose the right advertising and market your school and The Rock Underground brand in the local market.


We update and develop our curriculums for your use, keeping up with current music and developing our students with a good mix of timeless classics and current pop music. Yes, you may be teaching a mix of Rock, Rap, Jazz, Blues, Country (RockABilly), Grunge, Alternative, Heavy Metal and even A cappella.


We recommend a retail location with great visibility for your Rock Underground limo and you will need at least 2500 but no more than 3500 sf of space for your study rooms, live performance room, recording studio, parent-free lounge and your retail shop/lobby. Satellite locations within your territory can be opened with just 750 to 1250 sf of space for studios and performance rooms.  While this sounds like a lot, don’t worry, we’ll help you with real estate selection and finding the right spot so you’ll have room to grow!





     Contact   /